Insurance and Moving

You’ve taken a new job in the great state of Indiana – congratulations! So you pack up your stuff and rent a moving truck from a reputable local rental company. You get on the road, only to have the car in front of you suddenly stop and cause you to rear end it. Are you insured?

It depends. If you agreed to pay the optional insurance rates from the truck rental company, then you’re covered. Most truck rental agencies will offer you insurance that can cost an additional $20 to $35 for each day that you rent the truck.

But before you decide to spend the extra money, check with your Killingbeck Insurance Agent. Some auto policies do cover rental trucks. If the rental truck is not covered under your current auto insurance policy, you’re probably best off buying the rental company’s insurance. It’s relatively cheap and provides you with peace of mind knowing you’re fully covered.

Now that you’re moved in, what about insurance?

Once you’ve moved, your insurance rates will change based on your company’s policies and new state’s laws. Contact your Killingbeck Insurance Agent for a referral in your new state. If you’re moving within the same state, notify your agent about your change of address. Since your geographic location affects the rates you pay, it could make a significant difference in your insurance costs.

Homeowner’s Insurance

If you’re a home owner, you’ll need to keep your insurance coverage in place until the house changes ownership. You are required by law to supply proof of insurance before being allowed to purchase a new home. Even if you’re a renter, you may be required to provide proof of renter’s insurance as part of the lease.

If your new residence is part of an association, your Killingbeck Insurance & Tax Preparation Professional may advise you to consider loss assessment coverage. This pays for a loss the association may deem you responsible for. For example, if the association loses a law suit and the judgment is greater than its policy limits, they might require the homeowners to kick in the extra coverage.

Killingbeck Insurance & Tax Preparation: Your One Stop Insurance Source

If you’re moving to Indiana, be sure to get in contact with Killingbeck Insurance & Tax Preparation. We’ll find you the ideal auto and homeowner’s coverage for your new situation. As one of the nation’s leading independent agencies, we have many highly rated companies to choose from. We will obtain the best value and insurance coverage for your new surroundings by making sure that you receive every possible premium discount available.